Donate to imagineNATIVE!
Charitable Number: 89893 8717 RR0001
Legal Name: Centre for Aboriginal Media
To donate online, click the image to the left.
To donate by cheque or to become a Sponsor, please contact:
Audrey Rochette, Fundraising Manager
imagineNATIVE is a not-for-profit charitable organizations that supports Indigenous filmmakers in an international context. We do this by:
- Presenting hundreds of new works annually;
- Providing the largest annual meeting place for Indigenous filmmakers and industry;
- Commissioning the creation of new film, video, new media and radio works;
- Presenting and Industry Series of training workshops and panels, featuring top-level industry professionals and artists;
- Providing mentorships and hands-on training appropriate to various skill levels and mediums;
- Subsidizing travel for over 50% of our programmed artists to attend screenings and meet with industry and other artists;
- Subsidize the travel of international buyers and programmers, in order to facilitate the sale of the works showcased at the festival;
- Provide over $13,000 in cash awards, and thousands in in-kind rentals and services;
- Facilitating the sale of works to national and international buyers, curators and programmers through scheduled meetings, one-on-one sessions, and through our on-site mediatheque containing all works submitted to the festival.
Artists who have attended the festival in recent years shared their thoughts on the importance of imagineNATIVE to their own careers:
“imagineNATIVE has almost singlehandedly created a worldwide Indigenous film community, and done a wonderful job of bringing filmmakers together with various funders/distributors/festivals in Canada and internationally. The excellent team at iN welcomes new filmmakers into the fold, and brings us together to celebrate our work and connect and collaborate creatively. Having been to many film festivals of all calibers, Native and Non-native, in Canada and abroad, I can't say enough about the excellence of what this premiere Aboriginal film festival is doing. It is, hands down, my favorite festival.”
“imagineNATIVE has been and is so fundamental to my development as a filmmaker, from validating my very first works, to gently demanding new works. Sechanelyagh imagineNATIVE!”
- Helen Haig-Brown, Filmmaker
"imagineNATIVE is one my favorite festivals because it truly fosters community and artistic growth. They always attract dynamic, big audiences and as a filmmaker that live experience with movie-goers is always so fulfilling. There are also so many activities scheduled outside of the theaters that allow us to learn from each other. I always head home feeling inspired and so proud of the work of fellow First Nations filmmakers."
-Tracey Deer, Filmmaker/Producer