Volunteer Office Assistant Trainee
A rare opportunity to work at one of Canada’s leading arts organizations
Position Title - Volunteer Office Assistant Trainee
Contract - July 11, 2018 to November 28, 2018 (20 weeks at 40hrs/week)
Reports To - Manager of Volunteer Resources + Accessibility
Location - imagineNATIVE, 401 Richmond Street West | Toronto, ON | M5V 3A8
Salary - CAN $16.50 per hour
Deadline - August 3, 2018
We are looking for an outgoing and motivated individual – who has an interest in developing basic human resources and administrative skills – to work in our growing volunteer department! imagineNATIVE’s volunteer team oversees all aspects related to our year-round volunteer initiatives. Areas of responsibilities include learning to use a volunteer management database, communicating with volunteer team members and imagineNATIVE staff, participate in the orientation and training of volunteers and staff including accessibility, help with the supervision of volunteers during the Festival and write a final report at the end of the contract. Duties may be revised from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Learn to use a volunteer management database (Better Impact)
● Correspond with volunteers and staff using Gmail
● Attend meetings and take minutes
● Participate in the orientation and training of volunteers and staff
● Learn to build a schedule on the volunteer database and assign shifts to volunteers
● Help with the supervision of volunteers during the festival and troubleshoot, if necessary
● Help with volunteer and staff party preparations after the festival
● Participate in a performance review
● Write final report
● Be interested in developing arts administrative skills in a not-for-profit, charitable organization
● Have an interest in film/media arts and working within the community
● Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Comfortable using Gmail and other Google apps on a Mac
● Friendly and professional demeanour with a positive attitude to support and help others
● Strong work ethic and energetic
● Be prepared to occasionally work on evenings and weekends (Festival time)
If you are passionate about arts and culture in Toronto, this is an excellent opportunity to develop skills at an entry level while supporting and networking within the industry.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume along with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
This position is funded through Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training and subject to government funding through Service Canada. Applicants must meet requirements for employment as determined by Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training, including: all applicants must be Indigenous/Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit), must be a registered client of Miziwe Biik, must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and must be currently unemployed or underemployed. We strongly encourage you to contact Miziwe Biik for complete details prior to applying.
Should you have any questions about this position, please contact the office at +1 416-585-2333.