imagineNATIVE charges no submission fees. All submissions must have had major contribution by an Indigenous person (complete rules and details are here
) and include the following:
- Completed and signed submission form OR the completed online submission form at www.imagineNATIVE.org.
- Preview DVD (region one) OR VHS (NTSC) clearly labelled with the title, running time, year completed and contact information. DVD is the preferred format.
- Two or more stills (JPEG or TIFF files, minimum 300 dpi) on CD or emailed to programming@imagineNATIVE.org. Please use the title of the work as the file name.
- Short and long synopsis and director’s biography.
- Press kits, clippings or trailer (if available).
- Label the outside of your package FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES – FESTIVAL PREVIEW ONLY – NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. Do not value the package any higher than $5 Canadian.
- DO NOT courier tapes to Canada via UPS (United Parcel Service) as you may be liable for customs’ duties, which the festival will not pay, and your tape will be returned.
- Do not send submissions in fibre-filled envelopes as the dust can damage tapes and viewing equipment.