To become an imagineNATIVE sponsor please contact
Jessica Lea Fleming, Development Manager
imagineNATIVE is an inclusive, vibrant and truly community-based festival that rivals any other Indigenous festival in the world.
-N. Bird Runningwater
Sundance Film Festival Programmer
imagineNATIVE is the largest – and most vital – Indigenous media arts festival in the world. As a not-for-profit charitable organization, we rely on support from a diversity of public and private sources. Sponsors of our festival gain high profile within the Indigenous community and the broader film and media arts sectors. As a leader in our field, our supporters are affiliated with the excellence that our festival prides itself on each year.
There are numerous opportunities and unique profile benefits available to our sponsors. Festival screenings, events, awards and parties offer unique branding opportunities, and high profile to audiences of over 12,000. Our multi-tiered sponsorship categories offer prominence for your company’s logo on our print and online materials that reach millions across Ontario, as well as nationally and internationally. For further information about available sponsor categories please CLICK HERE.
What is imagineNATIVE?
- imagineNATIVE is a five-day, international festival that celebrates the latest works by Indigenous peoples at the forefront of innovation in film, video, radio, and new media.
- imagineNATIVE is the largest and most respected Indigenous media art festival in the world.
- We present the highest standards in the diversity of work selected, in our festival screenings and industry panels, and our business practices.
- In 2010, we programmed 104 works, including 80 films and videos, with over 90 hours of programming, including a youth program, documentary films, feature films, a new media installation and performance, and a music program. We also commission new works in film, video, radio and new media.
- We are a primary feeder of Indigenous content to festivals and broadcasters across North America and beyond.
Why support imagineNATIVE?
- imagineNATIVE is an inclusive, vibrant, Toronto event that receives widespread press coverage and enormous industry and audience support each year.
- Our marketing campaigns reach millions locally, provincially, nationally and internationally through print media, Internet, radio and television.
- Important industry and government funders attend each year and continue to see the festival as a positive, vital, and innovative event.
- We are a charitable, community-based event offering free events, free admission for students and seniors, and industry initiatives that provide vital and unique opportunities within Toronto and across Ontario.
- We are recognized leaders, awarded a Best Practices Award from the Canadian Race Relations Foundation and a Vital Ideas Grant Award from the Toronto Community Foundation, and in 2009 were short-listed to receive the Ontario Premiere’s Award for artistic excellence.
- We put the business of filmmaking and training of Indigenous media makers front and centre.
- National and international audiences and delegates flock to the festival and return annually.
- Community support for the festival is unwavering. Patrons include NAAF Director Roberta Jamieson, CBC Newsworld anchor Carla Robinson, and Corner Gas star Lorne Cardinal.
- You’re in good company – ongoing supporters include: CTV, Astral, CBC, APTN, TVO, Canada Media Fund, Canwest, Telefilm Canada, Casino Rama and many more…