It has been my absolute pleasure to work as the Volunteer Manager at imagineNATIVE for the past seven years and to meet so many passionate and dedicated volunteers.
- Heather, who put in the most hours last year – almost 40! – And always with a smile on her face!
- Linz, who chauffeurs most of our catalogues each year!
- Mary Anne, who leads our Delegate Bag Packing Brigade every year (we just wouldn’t do it without her!)
- Elaine & Rod, our poster children for postering!
- And all the many, many students (and graduates) from the Centre for Indigenous Theatre!
- Not to mention the fantastic Zabrina, Jazmine, Janet, Shea, Glennella, Westwind, Daniel, Pah, Nebin, Cherish, Brooklyn, Paul Carlos, Harvey, Melissa, Andrea, Ann and Anne and all the other tireless, wonderful returning volunteers, as well as those who’ve moved on, some of whom have returned as Filmmakers (or as Staff – shout out to Jason, Jessica, Daniel & Isidra who all started as volunteers!)
I’m so looking forward to working with all these folks and all the new volunteers who’ve signed up this year. You’ll know them by their bold red t-shirts – be sure to say Miigwetch!
The growth of the festival has been matched by the growth of our Volunteer & Intern Program. The number of volunteers, and the hours that they give, have tripled in the past few years! This year more than 150 dedicated volunteers and six full-time interns will help make the festival possible! For the first time ever, I think we may have more volunteers then we have jobs for?! Not a bad predicament to be in!
To help support and thank these amazing volunteers – many of whom are students or underemployed – we look for donations from the community, both individuals and businesses. This year our volunteers will enjoy coconut water from Grace Foods and teas from Algonquin Tea Company (from my home town!) They will also have access to generous discounts on fabulous footwear from Manitobah Mukluks.
We are always looking for more donations, either cash or goods – snacks especially!
Any amount is graciously accepted, however the following are the costs of some benefits we hope to subsidize:
$5 TTC tokens for one Volunteer for one shift
$20 Snacks for one day of the festival
$36 TTC weekly pass for one Intern
$100 Honorarium for one full-time Intern
$200 Thank you gifts for volunteers
$300 Thank You Party post-festival for volunteers (and we’ll invite you!)
TO MAKE A DONATION:
Please visit www.canadahelps.org, keyword: imagineNATIVE and choose the Fund/Designation: “Volunteer Supporter”
Donations can also be mailed to:
imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival,
401 Richmond St. West, Suite 349, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8
Please make cheques payable to:
Centre for Aboriginal Media
For all mailed donations, please be sure to include your complete name, mailing address, phone number and email address. Charitable tax receipts will be issued for all donations over $25. If you wish to remain anonymous or donated on someone’s behalf, please let us know
For questions about volunteering, please contact Amy Rouillard at: volunteer@imagineNATIVE.org
Any questions about donating, please contact Jessica Fleming at: jfleming@imagineNATIVE.org.