NATIVE FELLOWS PROGRAMME 2019
How to apply for the 2019 native FELLOWS PROGRAMME AT THE EUROPEAN FILM MARKET
Call for Applications - NATIVe Fellows Programme
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, Nov. 29th, 2018
EFM/Berlinale: Feb. 7th- 17th, 2019
The NATIVe Fellows Programme is an international professional-development opportunity for Indigenous producers to attend the European Film Market with 1-2 market-ready feature film projects.
The NATIVe Fellows programme is a rare fellowship/lab opportunity exclusive to Indigenous feature film producers or producing directors to have their project(s) promoted through the NATIVe Indigenous Cinema Stand and to participate in a curated programme for the producer to make the most of their time at the EFM.
The NATIVe Fellows programme will bring together a small group of Indigenous producers from the Stand Partners’ regional areas whose EFM activities will be enhanced through specific training, meetings, networking events, panels, and social activities to orient and help them take full advantage of the EFM and the Berlinale.
The Fellows will be overseen by a dedicated, Berlin-based coordinator with expertise in the EFM who will work collaboratively to develop strategic plans and goals with each producer. NATIVe Fellows will be international, with one selected from each Stand Partner region.
Stand Partner regions that will be accepting applications are: Canada, Aotearoa (New Zealand), Sápmi Territory (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia), USA, Greenland, and Australia.
Travel, accommodation, and cost of one (1) market badge will be covered by the regional Stand Partner supporting the Fellow.
Applicants must be able to commit to pre-market email and/or Skype communication with the Fellows Coordinator, their associated Stand Partner, imagineNATIVE, the Berlinale, etc. starting from the week of Dec. 3rd, 2018 and must be available to attend the EFM in Berlin from Feb.7th-17th, 2019.
Who Can Apply:
● You must reside in the region you are applying to
● You must be an Indigenous producer or producing director
● You must have 1-2 (no more than 2) market-ready feature film projects
● You do not need to be the primary producer of the project, however you must have the rights or be able to secure permission from the rights-holders to promote this project at the EFM
Market-ready means: a completed work or work in the final stages of packaging for sales and/or distribution rights OR an in-development work - a feature with domestic funding (development or production) looking for co-production or pre-sales distribution support
How To Apply:
Email the following to the correct Stand Partner/regional email (see below) with the subject line ‘NATIVe Fellows Application’:
● First Name, Last Name, Indigenous affiliation, email address, telephone number, country of residence
● Short statement of interest in the NATIVe Fellows Programme (1-2 paragraphs)
● Project Title, synopsis, length, genre, director, writer, producer, and any production partners
● List of cast and crew (if applicable)
● Indicate who the rights holder for the project is and if you are able to retain their permission to promote the project at the EFM
● Amount and source of domestic funding received for project (if applicable)
● 3-4 high resolution stills for promotional purposes (.jpeg format only) -these can be production stills or promotional stills, depending on the stage of the project
● a link to your film(s) – if available
● Optional 30 sec - 2 min. trailer or sizzle reel to be played on a monitor at the NATIVe Stand throughout the EFM (downloadable Vimeo link only) (indicate if you will not be submitting a trailer or sizzle reel)
Stand Partner/regional emails for submitting applications:
Aotearoa (New Zealand): email@example.com
Sápmi Territory (Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia): firstname.lastname@example.org
For general inquiries about the NATIVe Fellows Programme and application questions: email@example.com